Saturday, June 26, 2010

risen from a long slow sleep...

I'M BAAAAAAACK!

...

One year done with college, it's summer, and I'm living with a crazy group of students from the "other" school - the rival college in the town where I go to school - and we are putting on a musical. A coffee shop musical. Crazy? Yes - I keep asking myself how in the name of all that is sane and rational did I end up here? (Answer: open auditions, gave it a shot on a whim, got cast, decided what the hell, and...)

I am stepping out of my comfort zone in a major way, here, but I love it. I'm living with beautiful people, mostly strangers that are fast becoming trusted friends. That is a big thing for me - I'm definitely adjusting well, but living with ten people is a far cry from living with one roommate or with your parents.

I play a character named Libby, she is absolutely a dream to play - sweet, awkward, shy, and geeky (but with hidden spice and gumption!). We're taking the show on the Midwest Fringe Circuit - chicago, minneapolis, kansas city and indianapolis, which is sort of huge. Yes? Anyway, I don't want to go on to long here about the show, but if you would like more information, you can go to www.grindthemusical.com, which is up and running, although still a work in progress. We also have a twitter, @grindthemusical, and a facebook fan page.

But anyway, this blog - I'm-a try and actually update it at least every few days, with interesting things. Otherwise, what's the point of actually having it?
xoxoxo
siri

No comments:

Post a Comment